Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Happy Sick week :)

So here is us for the week:

We had 4 visits to the hospital... couldn't let you have all the fun this week! Although our trips were incredibly mild comparatively! Two trip were to pick up diabetic supplies/get blood drawn for my A1C and the other two were ER visits. 

Monday 6/24: I made Dal bring home Chinese food since I didn't feel good enough to cook. Mitch pictured eating his food with chopsticks! He refused any other utensils and he did great!

Tuesday 6/25:So Jules spent several days fevering last week, we are finally getting her over that and trying to get back to a normal sleep schedule and I get a sinus infection that wants to kill me. I was hurting so much I couldn't sleep and Tylenol and Ibuprofen were not doing a thing (except Jules Ibuprofen, I ran out of the adult to I took the child, the grape kind, LOVED IT! And it worked.) But since I couldn't just drink her Ibuprofen all day/night we decided to head to the ER... at 1am. So we taxied over (no traffic... weird in BJ), the air was super crappy, the kids were both more than happy to be awake again, and the ER is expensive here since insurance doesn't exist for most people in China and no one is supported by the state the same way we are in America so the ER was a breeze. (Phew, longest sentence ever... don't tell dal). Walk in, they take care of you almost immediately, get a prescription, head home! It was the best ER experience I will ever have in my life... pretty sure. 

Wednesday 6/26: Dal stayed home and took care of me. :)
Thursday 6/27: (PIC) Jules stood up in her bed for the first time, anger does good things for a baby girls motivation!

Friday 6/28; So a few days pass, starting feel better. I am putting Mitch down for a nap, all of the sudden he runs for his bed, lays down, cries and wants me to kiss his arm better. Great, done. So I leave him to cry himself to sleep, not uncommon, he hates being left in his bed. After he wakes up, he won't move. So I pick him up and he cries while I move him to my bed.(PIC) All he wants to do is watch a show, doesn't want to move AT ALL. Not move, so not toad. So after Dal comes home checks him out thoroughly we decide we'll give it a night and see if he is using more and more, since now he will move just protects his arm. We head to the docs the next day (Sat.) and he has nursemaids elbow, so the doc twists his arm and WHAlA! Ten minutes later he is playing at the park like nothing happened! Quickest fix ever! We were sure he had at least broken his finger.  


Sat. 6/29: ER visit picture.



Sun. 6/30
We had our polish friends Ola and Mihao over with their two kids Yashow and Sasha. It was so fun! Yashow and Mitch are the same age and temperament, so needless to say it was wild! We had a wonderful dinner of pot roast, mashed potatoes/gravy, apples, jello, and crescent rolls in honor of Juliett's birthday. And Ola brought some homemade sauerkraut to go with it! We all loved how much it tasted like home (apparently meat, potatoes and sauerkraut makes a very polish dish :)). It was amazing to see how much Mihao and Dallin ate! We also had  asian cheesecake for dessert. It is more like a spongecake made with cream cheese. 


In other news, Jules climbed today! She was holding onto our window railing standing up and decided to step up on the ledge! She loves her new mobility! She walks from one thing to the next all day (furniture/mom surfing)! She loves to be standing up! She has also figured out her sippy cup and loves it. And she loves to feed herself! She is such a determined, smart little girl!
The pollution also got to 477!!!
(300 is hazardous! 477 was the highest we have seen since we got here!)
This is a picture outside our window!
I can't believe my baby is 9 months already!

The kids ready for our daily outing of walking around the community, fishing, playing soccer and of course Mitch trying to steal a sucker... or chocolate from the dongxi store.


No comments:

Post a Comment